How to Request Transcripts
Students and alumni may request official transcripts of work completed at Virginia Commonwealth University by completing the Transcript Request Form. The form is available in the Student Services Center or the MCV Campus Records and Registration Office. There is a transcript fee of $5 per copy.
Students and recent alumni can also request an official transcript by logging into eServices. A credit card payment is required to complete your order. Online requests are processed within 2 business days after your request is made. Students and alumni with financial holds will not be able to request a transcript.
You can also submit a written request, including required information, signature, and payment (Payments should be mailed with your request as a check or money order. Please do not send cash.) to:
Virginia Commonwealth University
Records and Registration
PO Box 842520
Richmond, VA 23284-2520
Official transcripts are sent via US Postal Service first class mail, express mail or can be picked up by the requester and are only official if in the sealed and stamped Virginia Commonwealth University envelope. Only 5 transcripts can be requested per day. Allow 2-5 business days for processing.
Requests for expedited delivery are accepted at a charge of $25 per copy and will be sent domestically or internationally via USPS express mail.
The records of individuals who attended Virginia Commonwealth University prior to 1979 may not be computerized and additional time should be allowed for the processing of those records (this may take up to 10 business days).
Records & Registration
1015 Floyd Ave., 1st Floor
P.O. Box 842520
Richmond, VA 23284
Phone: (804) 828-1349
Fax: (804) 828-8121
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Attendance Withdrawal
- Cancellation of Registration
- Certification of Eligibility
- Change of Domicile
- Change of Major/Concentration/Minor form
- Course Request Form
- Credit by Exam
- FERPA Parent Consent Form
- FERPA Student Consent Form
- Grade Exclusion Policy Form
- Grade Mailer Request Form
- Graduation with Minor Application
- Historical Repeat Course Option
- Incomplete Grade Assignment Form
- Medical Withdrawal Form
- Military Services Tuition Form
- New Student Data Form
- Non-degree Seeking Student Residency Form
- Overload Approval Form
- Personal Update Form
- Registration Planning Sheet
- Request for Duplicate Diploma
- Request for Information or Verification
- Request to Take Courses at Another Institution
- State/City/County Codes
- Transcript Request
- Withhold Directory Information