Records and Registration
New to VCU?
- Visit VCU Bulletins for program curricula, regulations and degree requirements.
- Apply to VCU (non-degree seeking students, visit the Student Services Center or the MCV Campus Records and Registration Office)
- Register to Vote
- Va. Board Elections Voter Registration
- FERPA - Know your rights as a student
Register for Classes
- Use Academic Calendars to find deadlines
- View the Schedule of Classes
- View Course Descriptions
- Contact your Academic Advisers for course restrictions and degree requirements
- Course Placement & Testing
- Summer and Fall Advance Registration 2013
- Registration Planning Sheet
- Register online using eServices
- Final Exam Schedule
- Change Courses - Find out how to add, drop, withdraw, or repeat courses
- Find out how to overcome restrictions
- Change/Reset your eID password
- Change your Major/Concentration/Minor
- Change your Address
- Change your Residency status
- Change your Privacy information
Veterans and their qualified dependents may be eligible for VA education benefits.
Graduation and Commencement
Our office is responsible for conferring and certifying degrees; assisting the President's Office with preparation of the printed program, diplomas, and special accommodations at the commencement ceremonies.
Enrollment and Degree Verification
VCU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide enrollment and degree verifications. Students who wish to receive a FREE enrollment verification should use the VCU portal to access the NSC enrollment verification link. Employers should go directly to the NSC to request degree verifications.
- National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) Web site
Students and alumni may request official transcripts of work completed at VCU.
University Records and Registration is responsible for registering students for classes and recording their academic achievements so that the credit they earn at VCU becomes part of a permanent record available for certifying their degrees, applying for employment and gaining admittance to higher education programs.
Records & Registration
1015 Floyd Ave., 1st Floor
P.O. Box 842520
Richmond, VA 23284
Phone: (804) 828-1349
Fax: (804) 828-8121
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Attendance Withdrawal
- Cancellation of Registration
- Certification of Eligibility
- Change of Domicile
- Change of Major/Concentration/Minor form
- Course Request Form
- Credit by Exam
- FERPA Parent Consent Form
- FERPA Student Consent Form
- Grade Exclusion Policy Form
- Grade Mailer Request Form
- Graduation with Minor Application
- Historical Repeat Course Option
- Incomplete Grade Assignment Form
- Medical Withdrawal Form
- Military Services Tuition Form
- New Student Data Form
- Non-degree Seeking Student Residency Form
- Overload Approval Form
- Personal Update Form
- Registration Planning Sheet
- Request for Duplicate Diploma
- Request for Information or Verification
- Request to Take Courses at Another Institution
- State/City/County Codes
- Transcript Request
- Withhold Directory Information