A grant is financial aid that is based on financial need and does not require repayment.
At VCU, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form required to apply for these programs.
VCU participates in the following federal and state grant programs:
- Federal Pell Grant (Pell)
- Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH)
- Unusual Enrollment History (UEH)
- Virginia Student Financial Assistance Program (VSFAP) - comprised of 2 subprograms:
- Commonwealth Award (CA)
- Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program (VGAP)